Among other things we share interest in, my husband and I have 1 very special thing in common, WE HEART STEAK. I mean, the biggest fan!! Especially char grilled with all the fatty bits on and we could have it everyday if it doesn’t lead to any cardiac arrest or make us fat like cows. Now my 4 year old is starting to show her love for steak too! We’ve become pretty boring when ordering at a classier restaurants because we’ll end up ordering steaks as if there’s nothing else new or special is on the menu. Seriously, this needs to change! (not that easy). Ok, apart of having the steak the classic way, you know with potatoes and veges on the sides, we love it in sandwiches and fajitas. This simple wrap we had for dinner a couple nights back is easy to make and definitely one of our fav too!
- Prepare Hummus – The recipe from a previous post.
- Heat a pan and drizzle some oil. Saute sliced onions and sweet peppers for a minute just enough to wilt it a little bit. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Season Steak with salt and pepper. Pan grill it with a little bit of olive oil and butter.
- A medium rare steak should be warm through the middle with a hint of red. Most of the center of the steak should be pink. The sides should be well browned, the top and bottom charred to a dark brown color. This steak should have a firm surface but soft in the middle.
- Grill this steak as hot as you can for about 2 to 3 minutes per side (depending on your grill). (55 to 57 degrees C in the centre)
- This is the recommended level of doneness for a good steak. Ask any chef how they like their steak prepared and they will, say medium rare. -about.com